Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Everyday a star is born...clap for 'em, clap for 'em...heeey!"

It's Tuesday and ya girl is feeling good. I mean, snoozing for only an hour as opposed to an hour and half can really change your mood in the morning. *side eye*

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE music. This love of music goes back to when I was younger....I'm talking during my gestational age. Yess, it's that serious. I remember it vividly*...February 1980-something, mmkay? Moms and Pops was jukin all while I was chillin in the womb...it was only right that I came out doing the same.

So, when the Troll was still losing teeth on the regular, she was taking dance classes. Well about 3-4 years ago, she took a form of dance and at the recital, I finally broke my silence and told my grandmother I always wanted to take this sorta dance class. She berated me for not saying anything. What is this form of dance?

Tap!

CHALLOOOOOOOOOOOOONGE! *sprinkles powder on floor*

In 1989, Gregory Hines, Sammy Davis Jr and a young Savion Glover starred in the movie named "Tap". It was something about the sounds these guys made with their feet that interested me. Ion't know what it was, but ever since I saw this movie, I've been intrigued!

So here I am, 20 years later...this evening...going to my 2nd day of tap class. And I am geeked!!! If I can get some metal plates on some NIKE Vandals...it's on!!!

My beautician asked "Are you running out of things to do with your life?" I thought it was pretty funny. But no, I'm not running out of things to do with my life. Geez I'm only 22*!!! But if there is something I really want to do...I'm going to do it.

And I'm going to excel!!!

Like my guy, Real T@lk said, "I'm secretly the $#!t, and you don't even know it yet!"

So today I say, if you had your mind set on doing something...go for it. I'm tryna scratch things off my bucket list...you should do the same!

PULPIT...and of course...CHUUUCH!!!

K to the...

*iLie

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who was tryna tap my little heart out... too bad I can't get down anymore like I did in my church shoes. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.