Friday, June 15, 2012

Joys of commuting

Though my daily commute to and from work has been reduced by an hour due to the location of the new gig, I still have to scratch my head at times.

Not just because I have a dry scalp, at times.

I cross about 3 railroad crossings and a draw bridge en route to work. On the way to work, I was caught by a freight train, AND a draw bridge. On the way home, I was caught by two freight trains on two different tracks. By far, the worst commute I've had since starting the new job.

So, I thought.

This morning, I was caught by a freight train at the usual spot.  No biggie...except the train was stalled on the tracks for about 5 minutes before proceeding its long auss along. About 7 minutes later, the gates comes up.  FREEDOM!

No.

Forty-seven seconds later, the gates come back down. That's right...another damn freight train. At this point, I know I'm going to be late, so I email my coworkers to give a heads up.  The train passes and I proceed.  I'll only be 10 minutes late.

No.

About 5 miles later, I'm at the drawbridge and it's up.

Sh*t!

I see a small boat coming from the left. I'm thinking "raising the bridge was not necessary". Then, I look to the right and here comes a barge moving at a glacial pace.  Ah!  So it was necessary.  At this point, I'm, straight up, on chill mode, with the engine off and started typing this blog post.

By the time you read this, I will be at work, hoping my commute home will be way smoother.  My coworkers and I had a good chuckle about this situation.  One of them (who has to hug us if we'll be out off the office for more than 3 days -_-), had the nerve to remind me how I can go about winning a perfect attendance award.

I haven't given two flies on dog poo about perfect attendance since high school.  Man, please.

Happy Friday!

K to the...

P.S.  I really hope with this upcoming hot weekend, my hometown won't be in the national news due to shootings. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.