Sunday, August 11, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 11 - Laugh

*I tweeted about this the other day.  If you read the tweets, just act like this is your first time reading.  If you didn't...enjoy."

On Day 7, I wrote about my grandmother's condition and how I won't be going into much detail about her challenges on my blog.  At the end of the post is a pic of me kissing my grandmother's cheek.  Every time I look at it, I smile because of what happened prior to that picture being taken.  It's become one of my favorite photos with her.

About 3 weeks ago, a gang of us were at my best friend's parents' crib celebrating my "other mom's" birthday.  We were all sitting around, talking, sipping, dancing...just having a good time.  Mei-Mei called me over to sit down next to her.  She was feeling good that night.  She had her Moscato AND took a shot or two of tequila.

Yep.  She was feeling good.

After I sat down, I asked her to take a picture with me.  She told me she didn't like the first picture.  Then, she starts laughing.  As she started to laugh, I took this pic:
While she continued to laugh, I kissed her cheek and caught that moment.  Here it is again...and you will deal.  I really do love this pic:


Love.

Happy Sunday.

K to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.