Sunday, August 18, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 18 - It's the little things

*I couldn’t help it.  I had to write about this*

I talk to my grandmother, almost every day.  Most of the time, we talk in the a.m., which leads me to question her about breakfast.  If she hasn’t eaten anything, I’d politely ask her to, while explaining it’s the most important meal of the day.

Like clockwork.

Though there are hella struggles, there are still plenty of good moments when dealing with someone with Alzheimer’s.  Sometimes, when I call her, she says “I ate my breakfast today,” as soon as she picks up the phone.  She remembers that I’m that person who always asks her about breakfast.  And you can hear how proud she is when she tells me she ate.

Like a little kid.

And it makes me smile every time.

Love.

K to the…

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that almost made me cry....Im glad you have theses moments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.