Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 6 - Girl, sit down!

There comes a time in life when you just have to sitcho $5 ass down...tap out...take the L, when it comes to physical activity.  Even though I look 18, my body is, in fact, approaching 31.  These legs got another 40+ years of high heels toleration in this dancerie.  I have to keep them together.

Yeah, I said 40+ years.  Have you not met my grandmother?

This past weekend, my girls and I decided to take a ride along Chicago's lakefront and enjoy the beautiful weather.  
Neither one of us had planned to ride 10+ miles on Saturday.  But the weather was beautiful, and we were on a roll.

After I got home, showered and chilled, my sillauss was thinking "Maybe I can ride my bike to the gym tomorrow (Sunday) morning to go hoop."  That's 13 miles, round trip.

The hell was I thinking?

When I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I was walking like a baby who had taken her first steps.  Legs were all wobbly and ish.

Needless to say, I drove my sillauss to the gym on Sunday. 

When your body says "Sitcho auss down," you listen.

K to the...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.