Monday, December 22, 2014

#MusicMonday - OK, I get it.

I've chronicled my thoughts on Jhene Aiko in prior blog posts. Looking at my history, it seems I've touched on the topic of her music every year since 2012 in the following posts:


In the "Randomocity" post, I stated that she was growing on me. I was listening to a couple of Stacy Barthe mixtapes and it was something about her voice that reminded me of Jhene. So, I'm like "If I dig Stacy, then I have to give Jhene another chance." So, I started adding "Sailed Out" in my rotation and I dug it. Then she released "Souled Out" and I really liked what I was hearing.

This past Saturday, I attended a concert that she headlined. Her opening acts included The Internet (Already loved them), and SZA (I LOVE her stage presence.) Jhene comes out and the first song she performs is "Limbo Limbo Limbo." I turned to my girl and said "I'm going to like this album more after this concert." Sure as sh!t stinks...

I can officially say I am a Jhene Aiko fan. I said I wouldn't give up on her...and I didn't. 

K to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.