Summer 2012 was the last summer of my 20s…and I definitely got it IN! So today’s post will recap the highlights of the summer for me.
The Chicagoland area had a rather mild winter and I have no idea what happened to Spring. Since Summer was around for about 6 months, we’re gonna start with April.
- Dyed hair
- Vegas with the girls to celebrate the Dirty 30s
- Surprise 30th birthday party for the homie, Geo
- Memorial Day kickback with sorors
- My girl, DJ T-Race’s, 30th Birthday party
- Sprains ankle while sweating out tequila the following morning
- DJ T-Race’s Birthday dinner (two hours after I sprain ankle)
- Bridal shower for my bff
- “Housecooling” party for Big Rhon and Kim
- All-White Rooftop birthday dinner for my twinsie, Teelolo’s 30th birthday
- Chicago Pride Parade
- Bachelorette party for my Tre
- My ships and I turned 4
- My Tre gets married
- I caught the bouquet -___-
- “The Love Movement” Birthday celebration for my Della-Hunny
- Learned that my lungs aren't 'bout that hookah life.
- Old-fashioned house party for the homie, Marlene’s, 40th Birthday.
- Bachelorette party for the bff
- “Who Got The Rent Money” party at my homie, Sam’s, crib
- Bff gets married
- BarBeLuption (Barbecue-luau-reception for my bff.)
- Lil sis turns 17.
- Lil sis and I get matching tattoos in Japanese kanji
- Hers is “I like pink”
- Mine is “I like purple”
- I'm lying about the meanings
- Dentist appointment (Whaa? I stays on my 6 month cleaning schedule)
- Dyed hair lighter
- Gets cartilage re-pierced (So random)
- Nerissa’s 30th Birthday celebration
- Jacksonville Beach, FL with my girls
- Saw my White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers
- Power yoga
- Mexican Night with the girls
- Kendrick Lamar in concert along with Fly Union, Stalley, Jay Rock and Ab Soul
- Mommy turns 51
- Prince in concert along with Janelle Monae and an appearance by Ledisi
I think I will miss Summer way more than it'll miss me.
K to the...