Monday, July 15, 2013

Rambling - 7.15.13

Didn't realized it had been 2 months since I posted.  Well, it's summertime...'nough said.  So, no theme for today's post...just rambling.
  • My grandmother has officially been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  It's not the inevitable that bothers me...it's the changes before the inevitable occurs.  Watching the changes hurts like hell, at times.  But, she's still my Mei-Mei...and she is still putting on heels every day.
  • I still don't like my place of employment.  But, I know my worth well enough to not just apply for any job just to get away.  I don't need a repeat of the current situation I'm in.  
  • Fawk George Zimmerman.
  • Was on vacation for a week with some dope people.  Ate good, drank good, laughed good...TANNED good. It was a much needed break from reality.
  • It wasn't until the trip that I SAW how yoga has sculpted my body, in addition to the strength and poise I've obtained from the practice.
  • No, really.
  • My fave beach pose.  "To di world!"
  • I am an introvert...who can be socially awkward at times.  Yet, I showed up at Posh Entertainment day party solo dolo, sipped and jammed!  I had so many random conversations with strangers...even met a soror.  Maybe it was the Avion tequila.  It definitely wasn't that extra-regular-tasting Ace of Spades poured in my glass by some "baller." -__-
  • The only reason I can remember the date I became single is because Amy Winehouse died on the same day.  The date is approaching.  I miss Amy.
  • I got stood up for dinner last Wednesday.  I've yet to receive a phone call explaining what happened.  If that ain't some "Ain't sh!t-ness" for ya...
  • I said it before and I'll say it again.  I love love and love seeing my peeps in love.  I just don't see it for myself, at this point in time.  
  • I might be one of the most respectful, inebriated folk on Earth.  Before chatting up with a few fellas on Saturday, I would ask if they were single.  If so, then I'd keep the convo short.  If no, then they may have gotten juked on and we chatted a bit longer.  Drama: Ish I don't have time for.
  • A while back, I was at a house party for a friend's birthday.  The boyfriend of the homeowner (who I didn't know was her boyfriend) looked familiar and I was trying to get his attention to see from where I knew him.  I really hope she didn't think I was trying to disrespectful.  Again, Drama: Ish I don't have time for.
  • FAWK GEORGE ZIMMERMAN!!!
  • Am I really supposed to believe that Taco Bell uses real steak?
  • Beyonce concert this week...Jay-Z and JT next week.  I'm at both them maugs like a [insert some witty metaphor here]
  • I feel like I should have more thoughts to type.
  • Summer 2013 is winning like Summer 2012.  Let's keep this good energy going, Universe.
K to the...

1 comment:

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.