Monday, March 17, 2014

Music Monday - 3.17.14

It's no secret that I'm a music lover. My very first tattoo was because of my love for music. I can't help it. The older I get, the more appreciate it. It's not just the lyrics that move me, but I find myself paying more attention to the instruments. This is why I like to buy CDs because I can look at liner notes. If I buy an album from iTunes and it has a digital booklet...WIN!

Hello, my name is Kenya...and I'm a music addict.

There is an artist I've grown to appreciate more as I get older. His name is Stevland Hardaway Morris...BKA Stevie Wonder. Recently, my ears were blessed with "Songs in the Key of Life". I had read nothing but good things about this album. I was sure I had heard almost half of the songs on the album prior to me purchasing it, but I needed to hear the entire album because...Kenya.

Let me tell you. "Songs..." has been played multiple times, everyday, since I've bought it. The entire album is a beautiful piece of work. The way it flows, the lyrics, the instrumentation...LISTEN!

And it's a double album WITH bonus songs. Stevie was like "Oh, you thought I was done? Nah...here's some more."

I don't know when I'm going to stop playing this album everyday, but I do know this:

Stevland Hardaway Morris has to live forever.

K to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.