Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Yogi Chronicles: The Hoopin' Yogi

“One door closes, another opens. You never know who is watching you…and seeing a skill in you that you definitely didn’t see in yourself. That’s a dope feeling.”

I posted this status on August 30th, 2014 (Facebook Timeline is good for something) after having a nice, lengthy conversation with my yoga instructor. Before she excused us from class on this day, she told the class that she would be teaching a certification class and she had flyers for those who would be interested. I go to get a flyer…just to be nosy. As I grabbed the flyer, she looked up and said, “So, you’re ready to start teaching?”

*scratches record* What?

Though I had been taking a more advanced class for about a year, in addition to her class…I didn’t feel I was “experienced” enough to guide others. But, she saw something that I didn’t see in myself. I told her I would think about it and get back to her. It took less than a week to decide to go through with it.

And I'm glad I did.

This past Saturday, I received my certificate of completion. I celebrated by taking a nap (Because...32), then popping the finest Italian bubbly with the peeps that put me on to it. I still have some ongoing training to do (subbing so I can get used to teaching), but there is a good chance I'll have my own beginners' yoga class by the end of the summer.

The class will more than likely be at the gym I go to...which I joined thanks to an ex...who is the reason I started taking yoga. Ain't life funny?

I had created an Instagram page, but I didn’t want to share the information with anyone until I was officially done. I'm not sure where I want to go with the page, but in the meantime...gon’ ‘head and follow TheHoopinYogi. :-)

Namaste.

K to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.