Friday, August 21, 2015

Yogi Chronicles: ... 8.20.15

*You're right...today is not the 20th*

There was a 5-day period earlier this month during which I taught four classes. I was a sub for 3 of them, and 1 was taught as a part of birthday festivities. Nothing like the waves crashing against the rocks in the background being your music for class. I enjoyed teaching the classes and got some great feedback. But, what I learned in that 5-day period is though I'm guiding others through a practice, it doesn't mean that I should stop attending class for myself.

Can't stop. Won't stop. Take that. Take that.

The last two classes I taught in that 5-day class were back-to-back. I had a 15 minute break in between the classes. Also, I had to work my full-time job before heading to the studio to teach. I was t-i-red after that last class. But a good tired.

What exactly is a good tired? Like, after sex? Is that a good tired? It's been so long, I can't...

Where was I? Tired.

Right.

During my class, at the end, I guide students through Savasana, pointing out parts of the body to relax from toe to the top of the heads. As I was guiding the students in Savasana, I was actually getting relaxed myself. Maybe that's what it was...I was extra relaxed. Lord knows I wanted to come into Savasana with them, but the class isn't about me. It's about them. That's something else I'm learning as I teach more. I've become very of observant of students' as they move into different poses. So, while I'm teaching others, I'm learning, as well.

Bazinga!

Speaking of Instagram, I have over 100 followers, yet average 12 likes per posts. And some of the likes are from folk who don't even follow my page; they search hashtags. And I'm OK with that. I can't get caught up in the likes and followers. I post because I want to share with others my knowledge, and at the same time, getting some practice on how I give instruction. And if what I posts makes one person go "Let me try that," then I've succeeded.

K to the...

1 comment:

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.