Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Call me "Michaela"

Since childhood, I haven’t felt entirely comfortable with being in or near bodies of water. In high school, I did the bare minimum to pass swimming class – floating and maybe some breathing underwater. That was about it.

Fast forward some 20 years later.

After seeing a fellow Bradley alum post a pic on Facebook after her swim class at the same gym I go to on the regular, I knew it was time to stop shullbitting. I immediately went on Speedo’s website to order a one-piece swimsuit, a swim cap and some goggles. A couple of days later, I registered for a 6-week adult swim class.

Well, I am happy to write that I officially know how to freestyle swim, and I can float on my stomach and back. I signed up for another 6-week session so I can continue to work on my breathing while swimming, and treading. Our instructor stated she wants to teach us how to breaststroke and backstroke in the next session.

Yay-yer!!! 

I’m so excited about this new skill I have learned. Now, not only can I look good in my bikini, but I can also not worry about drowning! I'm definitely going to find Nemo while snorkeling and/or jump off a cliff into river during my next island vacation.

Just call me Michaela Phelps.

K to the...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.