Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grown-up life: Overrated

What up! How's the new year treating folk, so far? I hope it's well. I'm on month two of my new year and it's not so bad. Been doing a lot of reflecting; especially on my employment situation and where I lay my head at night. Let me be honest, right now. [Not that I've been lying the previous 98 blog posts. I'm just being dramatical. ;-)] There were three main reasons I moved to Hammond, Indiana: To be closer to the beau, to be closer to the gym I frequent and love, and it's cheaper. Now that I'm single, folk might read the first reason in the previous sentence and judge me. To you I say this: So the hell what!

Anywho, the cost of everything is steady increasing, yet my pay is the same. So what does this mean?

*2Chainz voice* CUTBAAACKS!

I had to decide which monthly expenses I have could be decreased or eliminated. Then, Comcast went and charged me $1.99 for downgrading my plan, without telling me. So, Comcast was the lucky winner. I cancelled Comcast, signed up for Netflix, got AT&T Internet, and I'm saving a good $135 a month.

Schwag!

I'm trying to cut costs as much as I can because I don't wanna move back into the city; not with my current salary.  Maybe the suburbs; but not the city.  Would you be in a rush to go back to 10.25% sales tax on everything after living in a place where sales tax is 7% and there is no sales tax on food?  I didn't think so. 

K to the...

5 comments:

  1. You can get Hulu+ too if you have a streaming device (PS3, Google box, Roku). It's 8$/ month and shows a lotta shows the day after they air (so it's like DVR)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5 shows I watch on the reg are online on the network's website the next day for free. So, no need for Hulu.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to learn you're no longer a Comcats customer. If there is anything that I can do to convince you to come back, please let me know.

    ComcastMark
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.