Sunday, August 4, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 4 - The Cross

"Those who wear the cross often forget the Christ of the cross"

This is a "Thought of the Week" I saw in my old church's program one Sunday when I was a teenager and it crosses my mind often.  I am someone who often has a piece of jewelry on me that represents my faith.  If I don't have a cross around my neck, I have on my great-grandmother's ring, which has a cross on it.  I don't get to church as often as I used to, so I feel like I need to have a cross near me.  It's not a fashion statement, to me, like some folk treat a "Jesus piece."  It's just a reminder of my faith.

And right now, I need that reminder more than ever.

K to the...

2 comments:

  1. Same here! I always have my cross pendant around my neck. Only time I take it off is on special occasions when it doesn't go with my alphet for a show.

    ReplyDelete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.