Monday, August 5, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 5 - Jukebox*: Revealed

Music was always played in the house, as a child.  V-103, vinyl, cassettes…I jammed to it all.  Of course, as a child coming up in the 80s and 90s, Michael Jackson was rotation.  I actually have my mom’s “Bad” album that I may or may not return to her when she gets a new record player.  If “Bad” wasn’t being played, I was watching “Moonwalker” on VHS.  I definitely got my Michael Jackson fix as a kid.

Included on “Moonwalker” was a music video for “Man in the Mirror.”



I couldn't recite all the lyrics in the verses, but when it got to the chorus…that was my time to shine!

“I’m starting with the man in the mirror!
I’m asking him to change his ways!”

Well, it wasn’t until I reached adulthood when I realized that the “man in the mirror” that Michael Jackson was singing about…

is Michael Jackson.

“If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and make a change.”

You know how many times I sang this song!?!  Here I am singing about making a change…not knowing that I’m supposed to be the one that’s making the change.

I WAS THE (WO)MAN IN THE MIRROR THAT I SANG ABOUT!!!

*facepalm*

K to the…

*Jukebox is a nickname (one of my favorites) that I acquired in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.