Friday, January 17, 2014

"Woke up this morning feeling fresh to def..."

Last Sunday, Jill Scott was in heavy rotation while on the road to take my lil sis back to school. My mom played her first album and while I was singing she was like "This came out during your freshman year at Bradley, right?" It was then that I realized that Jill Scott has been "with me" since I was 17 years old.

"Who is Jill Scott?" dropped on July 18, 2000. I played the hell outta that CD. I mean, hella scratches was on that joint. I remember when I first heard "He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)". I though it was one of the most beautiful songs. That was a love I wanted to (and did, at some point) experience.

Every one of Jill's albums has a song that speaks on what I'm going through at the time the album was released. From "There's Just Me" to "Golden" to "Celibacy Blues" to "Blessed"...Jill be singing my life with her words.

So, here is my personal ranking of Jill's studio albums:
  1. Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1
  2. Light of the Sun
  3. The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3
  4. Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2

Happy Friday!

K to the...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.