Monday, August 19, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 19 - Eh...

During the interview for my current place of employment, I asked about the hierarchy within the finance department. I accepted the offer with intentions of, one day, being able to get this manager position that was mentioned during my interview.  On the first day of work, I learned that position doesn't even exist.

I could have stayed my ass at my previous place of employment.

Needless to say, I'm not happy. I addressed this during my 6-month-that-was-done-10-months-after-my-start-date employee review. Favoritism shown, low employee morale, Bitter Betty, being told I don't have enough work because I get my work done in a timely manner...bullshit.

I feel stuck. The job search hasn't been going well.  I refuse to accept another job just to get away.  That's how I ended up in this current situation.

After randomly taking a day off last week, I can't shake this idea of decreasing my hours at work. If I can get a day off every other week just to have a break from hell, then I will take it.

My last job turned me into someone that I really didn't like the last two years I was there. I refuse to let this job turn me back into that person.

K to the...

Update: My buddy in payroll said working a half day every Friday might be accepted more than having a day off every other week.  I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. It sucks that you were mislead about the manager position. It also sucks that you now feel stuck in a company/job that you dislike this much. But it's fantastic that you are taking initiative to create a scenario that will work better for you. Once you are back in that positive space and frame of mind, the jobs will come.

    Believe that!

    ReplyDelete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.