Wednesday, August 7, 2013

#31WriteNow Day 7 - MYOB

In a rambling post last month, I mentioned that my grandmother had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  I didn't realize how few people I told until I got texts saying "I didn't know."  As much as I'd like to go into details on the challenges of dealing with someone who suffers from this incurable disease, I can't.

Back in 2011, too much drama was occurring in my life due to tweets being scrutinized.  I would tell my grandmother about it and she would tell me not to put my business out on the Internet.  She hates the Internet.  She would tell me if I need to get it out, write it down or talk to someone about it.  I feel like this should apply to her condition, as well.

At times, I feel like my friends are tired of hearing me talk about her condition.  It's not something I talk about everyday, but talking about it can kill a good mood, ya know.

I will say as her condition worsens, mine and my mother's coping mechanisms have gotten better as we've gotten used to the situation.  We're each other's rock.  And I cherish every moment Mei-Mei and I spend together: frustrating or funny.


K to the...

5 comments:

  1. You can talk about it whenever you need to with me
    <3 :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And u already know better. I dont even need to say it.
      T Love

      Delete
  2. It's sad that by opening our lives up to others on the internets, we are also then opened up to scrutiny. You shouldn't have to deal with that on your own web-home though. And especially not about something such as this. As much as I love the internets, i totally agree with your grandma in that people put TMI out (myself included I must say). I can't tell you how many entertainers I've been turned off of due to their nutty tweets LOL. I guess it's a double edged sword.

    Keep strong with your grandma. I can't imagine how hard it must be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am! It's gettng tougher, but we're hanging in there.

      Delete

Please remove your shoes and leave them at the door.